25 02 2013
I’ve always wanted to create a sketch comedy series. One that has a small but very divers cast doing all the skits. I’ve played with a few name is in my head but I haven’t been able to think of something uniquely catchy, I’m still working on it. The last name I came up with was “You Understand?” I know that initially some people may not get it but believe me when they watch one of my sketches they will. My TV show will be a multi-camera, live, audience based show and my target audience would most likely consist of males and females ages 22-40, living in an urban/city like environment, black and white English speaking nationals from various backgrounds. Here are five episode ideas that I have been playing around with.
- (Stereotypically speaking)- in this episode it’s winter time and you have a black man dressed up in typical urban street like gear and walking into a gas station in an small town neighborhood. He is wearing a ski mask because it is cold outside and forgets to take it off before he walks up to the cashier.
- (You understand?)- A Caucasian woman walks up to a man in Carnasi Brooklyn asking for directions. He starts talking her in a West Indian vernacular, repeating the statement “you understand” when he pauses at the end of e every statement.
- (Señorita Chow moves to Flushing)- A woman moves to an apartment in Flushing. Based on the look of the woman’s features, her landlord assumes that she is Asian and starts speaking to her in Chinese, only to later find out after struggling through a frustrating and confusing conversation that this Asian woman is Puerto Rican.
- (Stand up) a very popular and funny stand up comedian goes to a local club to enjoy some the jokes of some up and coming comedians. The host sees him sitting in the crowd and calls him up n stage. He goes up and gives a few jokes but the crowd however doesn’t seem to be enjoying him. He is booed off the stage and the act that follows him seems rather dull and boring and almost asleep, but the crowd seems to be eating him up.
- (Destiny’s Child Reunion). After being off the scene for some time, Destiny’s child comes back for a reunion tour. The difference is, Kelly is hot, Beyonce is fat and Michelle is still clumsy.
My set would vary depending on the sketch scene that would be taking place. But for the most part, I would have a very large studio space. Big enough to accomodate three different skits. I would probably use a red color scheme.