RSS Feed

Assignment: Synopsis&Photos

February 20, 2012 by kevfandino

Here are some photos I will be using for the Photo essay.(these are just a few of the photos the others are on external I can’t seem to find)

_MG_9652

And I am going to Title it “Fierce”

synopsis:

“Fierce” is a photo essay about my friend Jesus and his coming to terms with his own homosexuality and how he came out. Fun fact if it was up to him he would have never told his parents in fear of letting them down. However, Jesus’ parents are truly open minded and love their son regardless. I chose to title it “Fierce” because in the interview Jesus has his own positive definition of the word, and how he would want to inspire with his “fierceness”. I hope the audience gets a real feel for the kind of person Jesus is. Also how much his family means to him. I had about 35mins to transcribe and he has given a lot for me to work with. I have done my paper cut but most likely I will change it while editing because there is just so much he talks about.  My problem will be just trying to cut away from the clutter and get a strong story.

10 comments »

1. joonmarie says:

Kebeen,

Being that this person is part of your circle of friends, you know him well enough to tell his story. Due to the nature that we’re both doing a personal friend, the challege I think(for me at least)is to be objective, while exploiting the personal details that may be hard or uncomfortable for them to re-visit. BUT this is BIGGER than US now, so I guess we just have to take it and run with it lol.

I look forward to getting to know Jesus.

2. 123aqualight says:

This piece would reflect with a lot of people out there who are struggling with that problem. With a lot of information that he gave you should be a powerful story behind it! can’t wait to hear about it!

3. leearia says:

I was looking at your photos. They are interesting. Is he a fashion designer? is he is school for fashion? I was wondering that because there are photos that have swatches in them. I think the photo painting idea would be a cool one for a sequence of photos. Maybe you can spell something that goes along with your story. I think the fact that he has his shirt off in these shots speaks to vulnerability.

4. wlee4 says:

Now this is a great story as it has to deal the inner struggle a person may have to go through when dealing with a subject such as this. Your picutures are fantastic and can really tell and show the emotion as long as you peel away at that clutter and get to the hard facts. Also a 35min transcription tht is a lot of hard work some big ups to you

5. Alfred_Parsard_The_Truth says:

It will be great to see this story develop, hopefully you will be able to open some eyes depending on the level of depth you go into with your story.

6. redrumrebel says:

The piece looks really interesting in how a person they can struggle at time with the idea of admitting to others that you yourself are homosexual. I would believe that admitting to yourself that you like the same sex is much harder, then coming out to friends and family members.That is why I feel like your story will be insightful. One problem that I have is that I don’t know what the pics would look like so but that can be counted on the technical difficulties.

7. Andres says:

This story has a lot of potential in terms of its depth.I really like where you’re going with this. You have a character who like it or not is stereotyped at some point of his life. How does he over come that? Does having open minded parents help with coping of the harshness of stereotyping homosexuality?

8. JHomnaut says:

“Fierce” is an interesting title. It sounds like you want describe his more emotional side, I’m wandering, is there a conflict in there or is the conflict gonna be him coming out?

9. PhilippeChery says:

This story seems as if it will be very inspiring. I’m not too sure what the focus is and i’m not too sure of what he does exactly but ti seems like there’s a lot of information that you can play with to build a very deep story.

10. sdyer says:

This is always a tough situation. I am interested in hearing the interview to see if he gets emotional about the subject. Im not sure how you are going to tell this visually but that makes it more intriguing.

You must be logged in to post a comment.