RSS Feed

The impact of words

April 3, 2012 by PhilippeChery

I feel that this would be a great topic to document not only because it deals with poetry but because it deals with the earthquake in Japan. Some of the questions i would like this poem to answer are:

Why did this poem win over the other poems that were shared?

Why is the meaning of the poem exactly?

Does this mean people still have respect for poetry?

What does wining the Palace Poetry mean?

The type of people i would interview are poets and doing a project on poetry is something that would be very accesible because of the fact that I know a lot of people who do poetry. I will actually have poets speak about their own thoughts about the subject. I would actually want my project to be based on the impact poetry has on the world. This documentary if made will deal with poets and their impact on society.

9 comments »

1. ienemuo says:

I have a feeling by viewing your previous work with poets that this will be a great project

2. Andres says:

You have a consistency with your work, and i find that great! it’ll be interesting how you will approach the poetic aspect and tragedy at the same time

3. wlee4 says:

This is really interesting because words hold a lot of meaning and how they are taken can really affect a person

4. dwaynedp says:

I think the poetry concept is an ideal topic for you because like other posters said your work have a poetic feel to it. So I have no doubt that you can visually show this successfully

5. Alfred_Parsard_The_Truth says:

I like how you use your love of poetry to further advance your story. It will be interesting to see how you link your love of poetry to a catastrophy such as the japanese earthquake.

6. Terrance says:

This is a nice topic because words hold a lot of meaning, especially how you use them, some could have a double meaning, depending how poets say something to somebody.

7. kevfandino says:

This is a sounds like it is a really good idea. Seeing how poets can effect a society would be great to see.

8. kcollins says:

it would be interesting to hear the different views (if different at all) that the different poets have about it. seem like another good poetry angle to add to your collection.

9. leearia says:

How can you spin this to make it interesting to people who don’t already find poetry interesting? Are there other topics, societies, issues where poetry was used that is relatable to the general public other than the earthquake? I think the more dynamic the better.

You must be logged in to post a comment.