“My Vices” rough draft

the opening sequence rough draft:

The show opens up with a flicking light and the  moving images come up and the title appears from the wall.

the lower third rough draft:

As the host walks into the screen, and introduce himself, the graphics appear. I don’t want to wright host, so any suggestions? on what to write above the name?

the informational graphics rough draft:

The informational graphics would come up when the host gives a brief description of the first guest and the picture appears, when the photo is to the right the information would come up as well. I am missing an audio when the information graphics appear.

the ending sequence rough draft:

This ending sequence is having the host walk away from the screen and the names would come up on the screen. Has the same feel for the beginning.

8 comments for ““My Vices” rough draft

1. December 14, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I like the direction of the opening graphic, its how you described it with the flickering light, I know this is the rough cut so Im not sure if you will be adding other images under the light. Also you could probably do something amazing with the camera and 3D layers with the light.

2. December 14, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Your boyfriend has an awesome voice for this project. The lower third kind of blends in with background and makes it a little difficult to read the name. The information graphic is interesting on how it shifts from a picture to a profile type. I really liked the opening and think made it your own…little concern on transparency and movement of title …should probably try leaving it on screen longer

3. aramirez1
    December 14, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Your host from the start sells the show, he definitely sets the tone for the show and your choice of direction is a very interesting one. just be careful with the light flickering effect and your text, it made it hard to read and it ended too quick.

4. Gaquanna B.
    December 15, 2011 at 2:20 am

I think so far it’s looks really good the info graphic is definitely my favorite one. You can barely see the words in the lower 3rd and although I really like your opening I feel like it could be a little longer. I like how the words in red come in in the opening scene reminds me of a horror flick. Good job far

5. PhilippeChery
    December 15, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I feel that the lower third ended too quickly and that it should be there a little bit longer. The color of the lower third is also too close to the color of the background. Besides that I feel that everything goes well with what you’re trying to accomplish.

6. Alfred Parsard
    December 16, 2011 at 1:01 am

I feel that your show is looking almost done, I feel that your info graphic could use a bit of a touch up but your project is good

7. Terrance
    December 16, 2011 at 4:33 am

This show is going to give me nightmares tonight, (jus kidding)
    really no criticism from me, i think is all good. ok maybe jus the lower third needs a little touch up, but other than that good stuff.

8. Professor Phelps
    December 17, 2011 at 10:55 am

Your open is much better.. There is too long of a pause before the brain comes in. And where is the cool errie/dramatic music?? It’s screaming for it..

Be careful with the feel of all of this.. Your walking into Saw II territory or horror film territory. The graphics feel like they belong on a horror film.

Your lower third needs more contrast (And a legit name) I cant see the first part of his name. Also… is that a lightbulb? I can’t tell. It needs to shine if it is.

Think about putting music under your infographics. You also have all the problems that your lower third suffers from. Contrast and readability.

Credits are good, make sure to slow them down and add some music. They also suffer a bit from the above problems though.