Part four of this project will be the most subjective analysis of your work to date. Similar to the midterm, you will not only be evaluated on the deadline & project requirements.. but subjectively by your peers as well. What does this mean? Well, 25 points (1/3rd) of your final grade for this project will be evaluated by not only myself, but the rest of the class as well.
You will be posting a single video to the blog. This video that you upload to the blog should be between 45 seconds and 1 minute 30 seconds total. Please be sure to “fade to black” in between each of the following segments. The video should be assembled in the following order:
- Your Graphic opening, complete with final music, color correction, compositing and backgroundvideo.
- Your Lower Third with video of your host or any other character that appears in your show
- Info-graphics inserted into your show
- Credit sequence for your show
Additional requirements and instructions for final project completion (Part 3, 50 points total):
- Must post to the Class Blog and personal website. Please create a blog post with these links and embeds. Make sure that you look at your post and verify that the video is actually embedded into the class blog. Also tag your post with the proper category (Final Project (Final)).
- Blog post must include a Post Title and a 3 sentence project description. Must be posted on the class blog no later than 11:59pm on December 20th.
- Final outputted video should be 45 seconds and 1 minute 30 seconds in length. Frame size 1920×1080
- A master video file will also be turned in at the beginning of class. Video file requirements: (Apple ProRes 422 1920×1080 24p)
- Video should follow the progression of your animatic and rough cut.
- Video needs to transition smoothly between graphics and video (no hard cuts).
- The final product needs to be informative, legible, and convey the quality/topic of the show (Please see below)
- How legible was the video? Could your read all of the relevant information. (1-4 points possible)
- By only looking at the graphics, could you tell what the show was about?(0-2 points possible)
- Would you watch this show? (0-2 points possible)
- How would you rate the quality of the show graphics? How good did they look? (1-15 points possible)
- If you only watched the open, would you watch the show as well? (0-2 points possible)